I don’t know about you, but come the second or third week of January, my New Year’s resolution starts to lose a bit of steam. My excitement and determination generally nose dive once February is breathing down my neck.
So instead, I decided to make myself a to-do list this year. I’m big on lists. I could make lists all day long. And it feels so good to cross an item off. It’s a small triumph that always gives me a little boost and re-energizes me for the next thing (which explains why I break things down so much: do laundry, fold laundry, put laundry away ;)).
Here are a few of the things on my list:
- Start exercising regularly (hello muffin top, it’s time you find someone else’s midsection to cling to)
- Reopen my jewelry shop (for real this time!)
- Style a photoshoot
- Organize more fundraising/volunteer work (because honestly, nothing feels better than knowing you’ve helped someone when they’re down)
- Go on a vacation (my husband and I have never been on a vacation together (!). I want to pack up the kids and do something fun for a couple of days–even if we don’t even cross state lines!)
- Finish the projects I start (I’m talking to you, to-do list!)
I’m starting to realize that I’m a project kind of person. I need different things to work on and work towards. The problem is, I let myself get so excited about something on the horizon that I never finish anything! I need to focus, organize and tackle one thing at a time!
What about you? Did you make a resolution this year?
PS I have to leave you with this because these two are too stinkin’ cute: